Subject: [Leica] E Bay Paypal Sting - off topic
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 09:30:53 -0500

Howard, I have felt your pain.

I used to use eBay and PayPal to dispose of excess gear when I couldn't move
it on the LUG, but I have had so many bad experiences over the last year or
three I must say 'never again'.

The latest is that PayPal wants to hold (without interest) large payments
(are any Leica lens or body sales small?) for 21 days because (1) I don't
use it frequently (d'oh) and (2) after over ten years on eBay I finally got
a single negative when some a**hole in California said there was a 'dirt
spot' on a lens I sold him (trust me, there was not) and there was nothing I
could do in my defense.

A pox on their houses and may they enjoy an extended, painful and
dispositive stay in bankruptcy court.

--Bob

p.s. Whatever Meg Whitman is running for I hope she loses, too.

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] E Bay Paypal Sting - off topic)