Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Lovers at the edge
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 11:41:03 -0500

the angle of view (eye) = 90? to the lens.
like a rolleiflex or hasselbad without a prism.
In the case of the Visoflex it's a chimney with a focusing magnifier above
the ground glass.
In the case of the R8 it's an optical devise with prism and ocular which
attaches to the back of the standard viewfinder.

The Black and white photo:
imagine a horse shoe shaped bluff
with me sort of lying on my side to their right of the shoe
gazing primarily out over the great lake Michigan
lens pointed their way
me occasionally looking down at the ground glass
never looking directly at them
always looking at the lake or the ground
very discreet.

The color photo too has a near ground level perspective
which I'm really enjoying
(getting the camera away from my eyes
which are close to 6 feet above the ground
when standing)

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com