Subject: [Leica] So my no-Thumbs Up solution
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 00:52:34 -0700

Thumbs Up is a great idea. Too bad it pokes me in the ribs something bad.
The griptec material that Sonny and others mentioned sound promising but I
really don't want to rip off the new cover without trying other solutions
first.

Someone mentioned the rubber pads "footies." At less than $3 for 12 pads, it
doesn't hurt to try.

I like it so far. I use one in the back, slightly more to the right where
the Thumbs Up hook would be and two in the front, placed slightly slanted (
a bit similar to the XPan grip general shape). The adhesive is quite strong,
yet I have peeled them off a few times for repositioning without problems.

Ideally, I would sculpt them to fit even better, but for a $3 solution, it
works quite well indeed.

YMMV. If the TU does not bother you, then it may still be a more secure
solution overall.

--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
// icc blog: <http://imagecraft.wordpress.com>