Subject: [Leica] WTB: IR/UV filters
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 09:45:28 +1000

Add my name to the list of people that would have suffered lens damage if
the filters were not fitted to be sacrifical lambs.
I've dropped two lenses onto concrete and had the filter rims crushed rather
than the lens barrel and one where I mistakenly tried to bayonet another
lens into the front of my Summilux 50 ASPH. I thought the double cap was
uppermost in my bag.

I guess I'm one of your well heeled (not healed!) amateurs. Our sofas don't
have plastic coverings though so you would be safe to wear your shorts if
you visit.
Why do you think that the filters would likely shatter into a million ultra
sharp pieces? Good ones at least are laminated materials.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] WTB: IR/UV filters)