Subject: [Leica] The darndest thing!!
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&E Cummer)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 11:08:36 -0700

Hi Luggers,
While in Genoa Bay for lunch on Monday we walked up the hill to look
at the oldest residence in the Bay - a boarding house built for the
lumber mill workers in the late 1800's. Sawn lumber from Genoa Bay was
loaded on tri masted sailing ships and sent as far away as New Zealand
and Italy. The house has nine bedrooms and eight bathrooms and a huge
living room - dining room area with spectacular views over the bay.
But the show stopper is the hull of a 40 plus foot sailing boat, minus
the keel, suspended from the ceiling of the great room.
There are pictures of the crane used to load the boat into the house -
through an opened side. Shirley, the present owner, just smiles when
you ask her "why would anyone do such a thing?" When you sit under the
boat you don't feel comfortable - wondering if the suspension points
will hold.

Check it out:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Canada2010/GenoaBoat5panW.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/2u4z87h

C&C always welcome.

Cheers

Howard

PS: Thanks to everyone who commented on my earlier photos both on and
off line.

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] The darndest thing!!)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] The darndest thing!!)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] The darndest thing!!)