Subject: [Leica] Cat hoping
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 20:14:27 -0400

For all of the cat lovers.  This was in a room where it was too dark to see.

 TMax 1600 pushed to 3200, Noctilux 1.0.  Leica M7.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/tinamanley/61953-65818-Edit.jpg.html

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/tinamanley/61953-65818-Edit.jpg.html>Too

grainy to be practical?

Tina
- - - - - -
Forget about the grain. Those of us viewing the picture on a Mac may see
something entirely different than those using a PC. On my Mac Powerbook
laptop, running OS10.4, the picture looks like a linoleum block print, all
black and white with no grays. I downloaded the picture and made a gamma
correction. Now it looks reasonable. The normal gamma for the older Macs is
1.8, for the PC it is 2.2. This makes PC pics look far too contrasty on the
Mac. The newest Macs use a gamma of 2.2, just like the PCs. so those using
the latest of the breed should have no problems.
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Cat hoping)