Subject: [Leica] Next door
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 16:43:52 -0700

Sonny Carter offered:

> For something like 16 years, our close friends the Pollacias lived next
> door.   Our boys grew to be men here, their daughter was like our own, and
> we thought we'd be neighbors forever.
>
> Things changed; they needed to move to Atlanta, Georgia, and put the house
> up for sale.
>
> A really nice thing happened.  Someone we know and really like bought the
> house, and guess what?
>
> It was her childhood home!  She has furnished it with many of the original
> furnishings.  We paid her a visit the other day.
>
> Nice to have a friend for a neighbor.

http://www.sonc.com/joe_s.htm

Hi Sonny
It spells a nice home and a friend for neighbour. Quite interesting to have
someone return to their bringing up home many years later.

When I return to Ottawa on occaison I usually drive by the old homestead so
to speak to see how it's changed in the 29 years since we moved to the west
coast. Then I get all choked up simply because some of the memories of the
assignments during the years living there come rushing back and the emotions
involved in working on some of them are quite moving. They weren't all
"happy camper assignments!"
The good part? The super fantastic enjoyable ones make up for the death and
destruction ones.

cheers,
ted