Subject: [Leica] Me Leica
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 00:45:25 +0100

This is not meant to be a snipe at anyone's politics.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/politics/nocauseforwelcome.jpg.html

"No Cause For Welcome". Protesters and their signs near Bray Tourist Office
at the visit of the Israeli women's football team during the week. The girl
in the boots is Freda Hughes - President of the IPSC. Ireland won the match
3-0.

I spotted this going on thanks to a large force of Gardai and a couple of
press guys standing near them. I parked the car as near as I could and
headed back with my M3. The noise of the protest was subsiding as I arrived.
One of the press guys spotted the camera as I was shooting, came over and
said "Is that... a Leica? Wow, I've always wanted one of those!"
Conversation about Leicas ensued. He'd got his pics: I was a bit late I
think, but I'll develop them and see. I hopped back to the car and got the
D200 to take this calmer one.

I had to look up the result of the match on the web and came across this
video of the earlier protest. Freda Hughes speaks in it towards the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN6BHcbGEwM

Douglas