Subject: [Leica] Anonymous lens--the last word
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:09:07 -0700

My two Summicrons, the 35mm and 90mm both state on the front: "Made
in Canada". The serial number on the 90mm is on the body, visible
only when the built-in lens hood is moved forward.

Chris Crawford kindly posted that the serial number on the 35mm is on
the aperture ring behind the numbers, visible only when set to
nearest focus. The aperture ring on mine is bare, virgin, nada. The
lens was purchased years ago from KEH, condition, I think,
"excellent". All that I can assume is that some time in its history,
the original aperture ring had to be replaced.

Herb
--
Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org