Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Apples and Peaches and Pears
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 22:46:56 +0930

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Tina Manley <images at comporium.net> wrote:
> I'm not sure if I can turn tomatoes into wine, though!

You can, but there isn't a lot of sugar in tomatoes.  You can add
sugar (you should use dextrose), or you can use a primary fermenter to
turn some of the complex sugars into something that the yeast can work
on.  Sake koji might work, but I'm not sure.  There are a lot of
others.

There's a sugar recipe here:
http://scorpius.spaceports.com/~goodwine/tomatowine.htm  It looks
amusingly vile.  I wonder how their 2001 vintage is going?

Aside from tomato wine, Tina, you guys are stars.  Your patience and
drive with this are outstanding.

Marty

Message from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] IMGS: Apples and Peaches and Pears)
Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMGS: Apples and Peaches and Pears)