Subject: [Leica] Last night meteor shower
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 07:26:08 -0700

Thanks Jim, and Tina.
Richard, I never notice those stars.  I cloned them out.  It was very windy
that night.  I am amazed the tripod stood still enough.  Had a camera bag
hung from the center column, and only extended one section of leg.

Here is the tweaked version:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/228451-1/meteor-1791-Edit-2.jpg

I removed the blog, and played with contrast and such.  The first version
was already pretty heavily enhanced to get it to show up in the first place.
I did not want to make it look too artificial.  Originally, besides working
with contrast and curves, I had desaturated the blue and purple from the sky
to make it look more natural after the tweaking, and that seemed to make the
trail show up better.
Here is a jpeg of the original file:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/228454-1/meteor-1791.jpg

Any other suggestions?  If anyone want to give it a try I'll send them the
file.

Aram