Subject: [Leica] Leica Tandem IIIc
From: fredhess at phenix-visuals.nl (Fred Hess)
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 14:37:24 +0200

Hello,

I went this morning to the Historical Museum in The Hague
www.haagshistorischmuseum.nl  There is an exhibition now present, called
'War and Liberation in 3D'. (in Dutch Oorlog & Bevrijding in 3D)

This museum displays 3D color photos made by our local photographer Wim
Berssenbrugge (1917-2007), during wartime WWII.

He took these 3D-pictures with a special self-made 3D-setup.

Consisting of 2 Leica's:1 Leica IIIC and  one IIID. (Although 2x IIIF
mentioned in the vitrine)

These two Leicas were connected by a special bracket and there is one rapid
winder SCNOO attached. Even the focusing is coupled by small levers. Three
different lever types for several lens types. I saw on display two Elmar
50mm, two 35 mm and two 50mm-Xenons.

There are also the original Leitz patent papers on display, naming
Berssenbrugge as the inventor of the tandem-Leica.

In the the LSHA-Viewfinder-Magazine of 1997/3 there should be an article
published about the tandem-Leica.

Can anyone of the LUG-gers provide me this article ????

Please contact me off-list:  fredhess at hetnet.nl ..  thanks in advance

Berssenbrugge was part of the resistance in The Hague in WWII and used his
photo-skills and Leicas to make falsifications of IDs and reproduce
documents on micro-film to be sent by couriers to London.

A can recommend this exhibition highly: it's there until the 26th of
September.

Kind regards from The Hague.

Fred Hess