Subject: [Leica] OT : Tripod recomendations
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 16:18:22 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 charcot <charcot at comcast.net> wrote:

>Looking for light weight , easy to use - doesn't need to hold more than
>an M8.

>I would prefer an all in one rather than having to buy tripod and then a
>separate ball head.

>ernie nitka
===========================================================================================================================================
My favorite tripod would have to be found used, since it's no longer made
(every time I like a product it goes off the market).

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Gear/SafeLok_Tripod_AMR.jpg.html>

It's a Welt Safe-Lok, but it needs a ball and socket for fastest use.   In
the picture there is a Slik head on it, but now I use my Leitz large ball
head.
The legs have flip levers at the top, so it changes height very quickly, and
the lower leg sections are larger, so it can be used in wet conditions
without getting moisture inside.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee