Subject: [Leica] IMG: Reworked Butterfly
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie Talbert)
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 23:21:37 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

The stems/grass in the orig are a bit distracting for me, Jim.
I like the re-work more. If you could remask it so a bit more detail
shines thru from the background, the compromise might just do it!

Excellent shot regardless.

Montie

>I've been trying to learn to use PS tools that I haven't tried previously.
One that has challenged me previously involves Layers and Masks.  Since I
use Elements, which doesn't include masks directly, such work has been out
of my league.

Thanks to a friend on another list, I have been taught a work-around to use
in applying masks.  I applied this to my last butterfly post, to cleanup the
background, and updated the image in the gallery.  Some may like it, some
may not.  But it was a learning exercise that I thought I needed to perform.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Gulf+Fritillary+on+Orange+Cosmos.jpg.html

Comments and critiques are, as always, welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Reworked Butterfly)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] IMG: Reworked Butterfly)