Subject: [Leica] What are the rumours around Leica and Photokina? WAS : Leica annual report
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 07:49:20 -0400 (EDT)

Marty Deveney wrote:

>I heard that about Sony.  It's a shame; in a lot of ways the cameras
>were very well thought out: the colour balance, metering algorithms
>and a number of other aspects pleased me much more than the usual
>Canons and Nikons.  Not to mention that if you wanted high image
>quality at moderate ISOs nothing could touch them until the Nikon D3x
>came along.  The Zeiss lenses I tested for the cameras were great too.

The guy I bought my backup DMR from replaced the R8/DMR with the Sony A900 &
converted some of his Leica-R lenses to use on the Sony.  He likes the
A900's convenience features but he prefers the DMR's image quality.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] What are the rumours around Leica and Photokina? WAS : Leica annual report)