Subject: [Leica] Exceptional Contemporary Documentary Imagery
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie Talbert)
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 19:32:54 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Whoa!!  Wait, wait wait just a minute here!  None of this applies to
my Wendy's 3/4 lb quadruple stacked "Baconator" (with cheese) right?
(silence)..RIGHT?...(more silence).  UH OH    :)

Montie

>>HAH!!  I doubt that.  Chicken McNuggets from McDonald's contain 38
ingredients.

According to the Omnivore's Dilemma:

"The most alarming ingredient in a Chicken McNugget is tertiary
butylhydroquinone, or TBHQ, an antioxidant derived from petroleum that is
either sprayed directly on the nugget or the inside of the box it comes in
to "help preserve freshness." According to A Consumer's Dictionary of Food
Additives, TBHQ is a form of butane (i.e. lighter fluid) the FDA allows
processors to use sparingly in our food: It can comprise no more than 0.02
percent of the oil in a nugget. Which is probably just as well, considering
that ingesting a single gram of TBHQ can cause "nausea, vomiting, ringing in
the ears, delirium, a sense of suffocation, and collapse." Ingesting five
grams of TBHQ can kill."

I doubt they would be concerned at all about what is in their hamburgers.

Tina

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Exceptional Contemporary Documentary Imagery)