Subject: [Leica] What do I think?
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 10:41:31 -0500

In my view propaganda, defined as
"chiefly derogatory information, esp. of a biased or misleading nature, used
to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view:",
requires the "biased or misleading."

I fail to see a bias or misdirection in the 10 photographs under discussion.
The photographs present the visual reality of killing and processing animals
in an industrial plant.
In my past; I've worked on a farm slaughtered free range chickens;
and hunted and slaughtered game birds.
I've also been present at the butchering of deer;
and photographed beef and poultry processing plants.
Blood, saws and knives are certainly part of those processes.
The photographs say nothing about whether to eat animals or not to eat
animals.

You, on the other hand, bring a strong religious POV to the discussion;
citing texts, transcribed from oral traditions, a couple thousand years old
as an argument in favor of eating animals.
This feels, to me, much more like propaganda
than the 10 photographs under discussion.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com