Subject: [Leica] IMG: Family
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 15:27:39 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 George Lottermoser <imagist3 at mac.com>wrote:

>I'm not sure how many people share my experience;
>but I have 5 or 6 friends and or family members
>who find it necessary to view and type on their phones
>at least once every few minutes
>(and often much more frequently);
>during every moment they're awake.
>If standing or walking they carry their phones in their hands;
>not in their pockets.
>When sitting the phone lays on the table in front of them,
>or, if a table is not available, in their lap
>for constant reference and quick pickup;
I have a plain cell phone that stays off unless an emergency arises.  I
estimate that I have spent between
11 and 12 minutes on a cell phone, total, for my entire LIFETIME, and most
of that sub-quarter hour was on the
phone supplied by the university; and only listen to music in the office, my
car, or at home.  Never even touched
an MP3 player or PDA.

In brusque weather it's relaxing to go to the lakefront,  listen to the
waves and wind, and be alone with my thoughts.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: Family)