Subject: [Leica] Choosing a viewfinder...
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 15:36:40 -0700

OK, the reason I am interested in either a 15mm or 18mm viewfinder is for
use with my XPan 30mm lens. I have the 30mm viewfinder but it's a bit bulky
and the spirit level is not much use for me. So I thought a smaller finder
with masking tapes masking off the top and bottom may work well for a
smaller kit.

The question is which one to choose. The angle of views for the 30mm XPan
lens is 98 degrees diagonal and 94 degrees horizontal.

I presume only the horizontal angle matters? i.e. 94 degrees? If so, 15mm
horizontal is 100 degrees and 18mm horizontal is 87 degrees, so it'd seems
that the 15mm is the way to go.

Please correct me if my logic is flawed.

Thanks!

--
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
// icc blog: <http://imagecraft.wordpress.com>