Subject: [Leica] IMG: Family
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 13:23:53 +0900

A telling moment, Tina,

nonetheless, they may have been driving for hours to get to the
airport and took a bit of time out to fiddle with their gadgets.
Better than bickering.  When I saw the photo, it wasn't till I read
your telling caption that got the message.  I live in Japan, and in
waiting room and on trains, everyone of all ages is fiddling with
their cellphone, so it looked all to usual to me.  My daughter is
seven and hasn't expressed an interest in having a mobile phone, so I
can count a blessing there.

As for appreciating reality through a viewfinder or not, I took an
afternoon by a riverbank to photograph swallows in flight.  There was
an unforgettable time when it was all just too beautiful and I had to
put the camera down and simply watch.  A pro would have sacrificed
that, or risen above it, to get an awesome photo to share.  This is
the only one I could keep, but the one I took with the camera put down
was much better (the one that got away!).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geordiepete/1247004186/lightbox/

Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: Family)