Subject: [Leica] Blowboat or stinkpot
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 14:42:12 -0400

Nathan,

The sails are like the gears in a car or bike. A schooner with four sails
gives the skipper a lot of options. Actually he could fly a couple of more
if he really wanted. To a real sailor handling the sails is a skill on a par
with a real photographer knowing how to make all the adjustments on a
Barnack Leica. Sure, the sailor could douse the sails and turn on the motor
but that would be like a Lugger using an auto everything P&S camera.

Larry Z

- - - -

I get tired just thinking about manipulating all those sails!...

Nathan (the motorhead)