Subject: [Leica] IMG: Cat and Flower
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 19:20:31 -0700

These pictures were taken with a Nixon Coolpix S610 ($4--One M9 = 35
610s) which I bought to help decide whether Lightroom was a good
substitute for Darkroom before investing in the M9.

The cat is a tonkinese which breed was produced by crossing burmese
with siamese. That the cat nuts consider this to be truly a breed is
surprising; if you mate two of them, statistically you get 25%
burmese, 25% siamese, and 50% tonkinese, just as Mendel would have
predicted. I'm sure I can submet better pictures of him in the future.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/Ming+5-21-5.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/Ming+5-21-5.jpg.html

The flower was just taken on a walk from home, and I just lucked out
with it. There was a little Lightroom dodging to suppress the wheels
of a car parked across the street from it, but that's ok--I'm not a
journalist.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/Flower-2.jpg.html

As before, comments and brickbats welcome.

Herb

--
Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org