Subject: [Leica] I'VE GOT A HOT ONE!!!
From: vroger at gmail.com (Roger Rubin)
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 13:28:56 -0400

Hi All:
No...I am not talking about the young lady in the image- Let me tell a short
story- Once upon a time- there was this wonderful accessory business in New
York, on Seventh Avenue, called: *Spiratone*. The owner was a man named Fred
Spira who imported accessories from Japan. This was before China could do
anything but spout anti-US propoganda. In any event, Spiratone (you can see
their ads in old issues of Pop Photo) sold fabulous accessories from filters
to lenses to gadget bags. I remember buying a gadget bag which when stood on
end was half my height. In any event, I bougt an enlarging lens there with
the Spiratone brand on it. It was a "hot lens". When I made prints I could
count the hair on a person's head. It was better than a later EL NIKKOR. The
lens was lost in a move sometime later, but I never forgot the fact that
sometimes even in a production run, you have certain products that are
better than others. I feel that way about the lens that took the annexed
image. I took the image yesterday at street fair in NY, and it is a Lumix
45-200 zoom. I am stunned at the results, much as I was when I saw the
results of the "Naked Cowgirl" which I posted last week. I cannot recommend
this lens highy enough. Of course I feel that I received a "hot item" -The
results speak for themselves.

http://v-images.smugmug.com/gallery/12876934_mcwC3#938577028_qdonw-XL-LB

SPIRATONE ADVERT- BEFORE MY TIME- BUT IT CONTINUED THROUGH THE 80S.

http://www.jollinger.com/photo/ads/ads_052.html

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Querol) ([Leica] I'VE GOT A HOT ONE!!!)
Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor) ([Leica] I'VE GOT A HOT ONE!!!)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] I'VE GOT A HOT ONE!!!)