Subject: [Leica] OT: i7 laptop questions
From: alal at poly.edu (Akhil Lal)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 09:57:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hello everyone,

I'm in the market for a new laptop to replace my 7 year old IBM Thinkpad
(Pentium 4 Mobile at 2GHz, XP Pro). Still running well, BTW.

Looking at 13 inch laptops, my preferred size, with i5 processors I note
that some manufacturers offer an upgrade to an i7 for about the
cost of a Leica lens hood. This is very tempting but I am concerned about
the reduction in battery life when using the more powerful chip.

Can any list members shed some light on the CPU power vs. battery run-time
trade offs involved? I have of course, asked the manufacturers' tech
support but never could get a satisfactory answer.

As always, user feedback and comments are welcomed.

Regards,
Akhil

Replies: Reply from alal at poly.edu (A. Lal) ([Leica] OT: i7 laptop questions)
Reply from alal at poly.edu (A.Lal) ([Leica] OT: i7 laptop questions)