Subject: [Leica] 2010 Boating PESO
From: r.s.taylor at (Richard Taylor)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 14:59:32 -0400

Just to show you I'm not dead and still taking boating pictures, here are a
few from earlier this season.  It's been slow because I've got a lot of
stuff competing for my photography time this summer.

The current was running through Woods Hole Passage so fast that even the
trees behind the buoy see to be getting into the act.

Taking these bow-on, or nearly bow-on, shots has become a bit like shooting
fish in a barrel.  A retired sailing and ski photographer I know on the Cape
says I take too many bow shots.   I think she may be right.  It's just
become too easy, but the drama is just too compelling at times to ignore.
This year I'm going to try for a bit more variety.

In any case, here are two more, with a tight shot (a very tight crop, BTW)
of a guy in the side wake the first boat as it went by.

D300 70-200 zoom.  C&C always welcome.

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at (Lluis Ripoll Querol) ([Leica] 2010 Boating PESO)
Reply from photo at (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] 2010 Boating PESO)
Reply from pasvorn at (Pasvorn Boonmark) ([Leica] 2010 Boating PESO)
Reply from sonc.hegr at (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] 2010 Boating PESO)