Subject: [Leica] Macro
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 19:35:31 -0400

> I do still have my Canon 5D and 1DMII, with macro lenses, but I've been
> spoiled by carrying around the M9.  Those Canons seem huge!  My daughter is
> using the 5D and making a little extra money shooting weddings and babies.
>  I'd hate to take it back from her.  I've been impressed with the quality
> of
> some of the macro photos posted but they are web photos.  I guess I need to
> look at big prints, too.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tina

Get a Rebel.
Or what ever they call their cheap cropped cameras.
The lenses they make for the cropped 1.5 or 1.6 formats are optimized for
it, the to be inexpensive and are compact and lightweight.
The cropped format DSLR's are way more compact that the full frame ones.
I'm not sure why.
But not looking forward to carrying those full frame format cameras around
with me all day like I do now with my D40x. They are compact even when
compared to my to me honking D200.
Yet the 1.5  or 1.6 formats are many time's better than the pocket point and
shoots; and a step up of course from 2x crop.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner