Subject: [Leica] Macro
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 23:45:56 +0900

Tina,

for better image quality than the G9, G10, & G11, smaller still, and
cheaper:  the Canon S90.
I gave one to my 7 year old daughter for her birthday present after
she lost in town her beloved Lumix FZ5 which she enjoyed using since
she was 4.
I ask to borrow it when I see a macro.  The S90's only downside for
me, and my daughter, is that it has no viewfinder.  However, it has
image stabilization.

It's widest aperture is f/2 and it has a (programmable) wheel around
the zoom lens that can be set to adjust aperture (for the traditional
feel) or to click through ISOs, focal lengths, or even for manual
focus.  You can also set it to Auto and give it to an infant.

Peter Cheyne