Subject: [Leica] Photoshopping for Truth? (and a sneaky real estate FS Friday)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 22:54:31 -0400

> At the risk of going a bit off topic: I don't understand the
> prohibition by many journals of a technique whose name I can't
> remember, namely taking a rapid sequence of bracketing shots and
> reducing the result to one composite in order to cover a greater
> luminance range.
>
> Herb
> --
> Herbert Kanner
> kanner at acm.org
> 650-326-8204

The reason HDR' s are nixed many places is the mania which is going on about
the "truth" of an image as defiled supposedly by digital photography.  And
HDR' s in most cases scream "faked". You never see them used with
discretion.
Merges I see all the time everywhere. People accept, even the PC police, the
fact that they are just another way of making an Panoramic.

I just got my CS5 and I am looking forward to the improvements made to the
HDR merge thing as its called "PRO" now so I guess they were up all night
working on it.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner