Subject: [Leica] Photoshopping for Truth? (and a sneaky real estate FS Friday)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 22:43:11 -0400

> If I'm getting paid, I don't care how they print it. I've sold stuff to a
> lot of businesses and they ask things like is it ok to crop, tone,
> colorize,
> retouch, etc. Hell I don't care, send me my check. I'm not a journalist
> though. I'm just an artist who earns his living licensing my work to
> businesses, and selling prints to people that like art.
>

> Chris Crawford
> Fine Art Photography
> Fort Wayne, Indiana
> 260-424-0897

Me too - much less of my work has been photojournalism.
The very first job I ever did they had to have an antenna air brushed out of
the back of the chauffeur in the pictures head. But it was an ad for a
stereo company. The antenna was way behind him on the other side of the car.
But I had my  twin lens Rolleiflex with Pan F in it on a tripod set at f11
and be there. Anything within a mile of this guy was tack sharp. Front to
back. Didn't see it in the ground glass and there was no polaroids for me
then certainly not with that camera.

I'm sure used to any of my pics having the face cropped out so all my
carefully contrived or captured context was lost.
I most cases it resulted in a better picture. Years later I figured out.
After the humiliation wore off.

[Rabs]
Hack Photography
Upper West Side, NY