Subject: [Leica] 21mm f1.4 Summilux - the next "must have?"
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 02:20:21 -0400

> Sorry, Frank.  I didn't mean to pick at a sore spot.  I just feel that
> tight
> framing is overrated.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA

The first lens Leica made after 3 50's was a 73mm lens.
Not 75. But 73.
You just make a viewfinder to fit the angle of view on the lens you are
making. You can come out with any odd focal length you want to
A 40mm lens has history with Leica at this point.
It also happens to be my favorite and most used lens.
I use my 40 Summicron C and almost never my 35 apish Summicron or 5o
Summicron. I'd not mind it all all if it were a much more current lens. And
Rollei and Cosina has come out with them in very recent history.
True normal is 43.3
A 40 feels real good to shoot with. As would a 45.
Pentax in recent history came out with a 43 and its legendary. Limited
edition. Very high end. Not what you think of when you think of Pentax.

The 24 was odd for Leica. That didn't slow too many people down.
A very successful deal for Leica.
And the 75mm lenses are relatively new for Leica.
I'd not use the frame lines I'd rather the frame lines not be there.
I'd use the finder on the shoe.

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] 21mm f1.4 Summilux - the next "must have?")