Subject: [Leica] Semi-OT: Cyndi Lauper in today's "Parade"
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 14:13:53 -0700

"Parade" magazine is a little magazine that is included with many Sunday
newspapers in the U.S.  Today, on Page 2, there is a horrible
"photograph" of pop singer Cyndi Lauper. I put the word "photograph" in
quotes because it appears that they pasted a overly large head from one
photograph onto the (very busty) body of another. The angle each was
taken from appears different. There is a line around her neck which is
real, but it makes the head transplant even more apparent, and making it
appear that Ms. Lauper had a recent close encounter with a garrotte or
guillotine.

Yes, it's naive to expect any kind of honesty from a celebrity publicity
photo, but this one is so bad that I'm surprised that it was ever
printed. Standards are down all over. Photomontage is not photography!

Thank you.  I feel better now.

--Peter, in curmudgeon mode.

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Semi-OT: Cyndi Lauper in today's "Parade")
Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Semi-OT: Cyndi Lauper in today's "Parade")