Subject: [Leica] Received M8 & lenses repaired/adjusted by Solms
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 00:09:11 +0000 (GMT)

Geoff,

your help is much appreciated.  I'm still waiting on a reply from Solms.

I made some more test shots yesterday.  Rather than a tape measure, I
photographed my daughter with the 90 Tele-Elmar in question that Solms were
paid to adjust, then made comparison shots with some other lenses, then the
90 again.  The shots were consistent.  If I want a usable photo of a
person's face using the 90, I need to guess-focus two or three heads away.
Then take a few more shots, each with slightly differently guessed focusing.
 Of course the moment is long gone.  Or I can focus on the eye and alter the
focus using the lens DOF scale by about 20%.  I only need that workaround on
that 90.  All the other lenses work by focusing on the person's eye.

 Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from bryanwi at bryanwi.com (Bryan Willman) ([Leica] My SoFoBoMo book of LeMans (lots of Leica content.))