Subject: [Leica] 21mm f1.4 Summilux - the next "must have?"
From: red735i at earthlink.net (red735i at earthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 16:30:27 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

I won't guess what Vic was specifically thinking....

When I saw the question, what came to my mind ....

When the M8 came out, the Nocti was THE lens to have..... the used resale
prices shot through the roof. Yes, the other wides also increased in price,
but the Nocti was like a rocket!  Everyone had to have one.....

I think that the 21 Lux is most likely the next big hit.....

It is fast ( faster than any previous 21  ( I think this is true.....AFAIK,
Nikon and Canon never made a F1.4 21mm... )

It is big and showy  ( Think as in Muscle cars and testosterone, or body
jewelry)

It is expensive ( good show off potential)

It is rare  ( uncommon is maybe a better word?)

And, lastly, it is ( from what I have read) a tremendously great piece of
Optics.

Yes, I think the 21 Lux IS the next lens to have......

And no, I do not even lust for one....

Frank, 21 ASPH Elmarit-Happy

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] 21mm f1.4 Summilux - the next "must have?")