Subject: [Leica] Test of two cameras
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 18:21:01 -0500

I based my comments on the examples you provided Lawrence.
I see a very visible difference between the two files.
More than enough of a difference
to cause me to forget about the "pocket" cameras.

I'd rather have the "heavy" M hanging on my shoulder
to provide me with a high quality RAW file,
relatively precise viewing and focusing,
than a "pocket" camera which, I know from experience,
will disappoint me every time I'd wished it would not have.

The moments I wish to capture photographically
cannot be recreated later.
I've tried to rationalize a pocket camera as a "sketchbook."
But I've always come away feeling disappointed by file quality.

I agree that it would be wonderful to have
the digital equivalent of a Leica CL.
Yet such a wish does not preserve a moment
or further a vision or work flow.

Obviously YMMV.
And all that matters is that the gear you choose
accomplishes the goals you've set for yourself.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com