Subject: [Leica] FF Flowers in a window (at night)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 01:15:29 -0400

> Mark,
>
> Some how, it reminds me of a tilt-n-shift lens.
> Must be the in-focus area of the flowers and the curtain.
>
> I do see some noises in some areas, but they don't bother me.  I guess I
> use
> to film noises. :)
>
> So the upgrade is a good call?  For what I do, GIMP is still good enough
> for
> me.
> LR3, on the other hand, I am getting, for sure.
>
> The picture looks good, and I bet it is set-up is light.
>
> Thank you very much for sharing.
>
> -Pasvorn
>

> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 2:10 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
> wrote:
>
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/100623_000716.jpg.html
>>
>> I'm particularly pleased as freaking punch with this image try to make a
>> point of clicking on it so it gets bigger the areas which are sharp vs.
>> the
>> areas which are not I AM very happy about.
>> My first image I've made with my CS5 upgrade.
>> A bit overwhelming. Half these choice's I have no clue as to what they do
>> and why I'd want to do them. Like in the noise area. But I don't see any.
>> Magic. And iso 1600 and be there.
>> But I'll get to it. Perhaps with a little help from my friends.
>> A cluster of programs for design and photography with the only
>> documentation
>> being a 4x4 inch slip of paper between the DVD's which says "if you can
>> read
>> this you're in the wrong business".
>> We hate to waste precious wood fiber.... Creating stumps of mystery.
>>
>> I shot it a couple of nights ago.
>> 7 minutes after midnight. What a coincidence!?!
>>
>> I used a 28mm 2.8 AF Nikor. The first batch of ugly but lightweight  and
>> cheap AF glass ever made by nikon. With no CNC focussing . Which means
>> close
>> focusing if I got the anagram right. I'm sure I could sell this for 20
>> bucks
>> on a good day on eBay if I did such a thing ever.
>> Its totally normal on a compact cheap 1.5 crop amateur camera which I take
>> to the movies and the bathroom with me all during the day. The D40x.
>>
>> Or I could use the 1.4 which doubles the weight of the camera lens package
>> and adds to my Tylenol bills. And you really cant focus wide open on the
>> non
>> ground glass ground glass of the camera which assumes you're going to
>> shoot
>> everything AF. Time to get the new 35mm g lens.
>>
>> [Rabs]
>> Mark William Rabiner

I could have corrected it tilt shift wise with the new raw interface they
have with cs5 but I didn't. But I did with an image of a tall building.
I shooting down at the flower pot and at an angle.
So trying to correct things would have not worked out.
I shot all kinds of angles on it including straight on and I liked the angle
the best.
Photoshop has been the center of most photographers photographic life
certainly mine for twenty years. Every upgrade is a very big deal. I've been
in plenty of occasions at a table of photographers and the topic the entire
lunch is Photoshop and there is no one at the table not involved in the
conversation.

" and I bet it is set-up is light."? A typo?

[Rabs]
Mark William Rabiner

Replies: Reply from pasvorn at boonmark.net (Pasvorn Boonmark) ([Leica] FF Flowers in a window (at night))