Subject: [Leica] Mondesa out-takes
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:20:18 +0930

I find editing deeply frustrating, mostly because you see lost
opportunities.  I don't mind so much when I mess something up, but I
have identified a new rage: "editing rage" where, luckily, the people
who mess with you are long gone, so they cannot be berated or worse
for messing things up.

There is an excellent company that takes tourists to Mondesa.  Our
guides and driver work for them.  They show visitors how Africans
really live and the challenges they face in day-to-day life.  I really
think what they do makes a difference and changes the views of the
people who come and see the township.  I found a problem - tourists
wanted to jump into my pictures.  I don't usually post out-takes, but
here are three:

This little guy ran, sometimes doing cartwheels, and then looked back
at me.  This one might have been an out take anyway because there is
some rubbish on the ground that looks like it is in his band, but the
main problem is the top-right tourist:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/freakscene/Africa+2009/Namibia/runner.jpg.html

It's the same person in the background here:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/freakscene/Africa+2009/Namibia/tongue.jpg.html
you can see her digicam above the head of the boy wearing the beanie.
She followed me around for quite a while.

But this one is the worst:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/freakscene/Africa+2009/Namibia/img835.jpg.html
- as I framed this, I looked right and was yelling at this person to
stop and get out of the way.  She payed no heed.  Nice arm, huh?
Thanks.

Does anyone else find themself screaming at their contact sheets or
monitor, or do I need some special kind of anger management therapy
for photographers?

Vented . . . back to normal programming soon.

Marty

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll Querol) ([Leica] Mondesa out-takes)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Mondesa out-takes)