Subject: [Leica] three questions: C41 b/w film and forget the other two but how about Dwayne's??
From: tgray at 125px.com (Tim Gray)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:12:50 -0400

On Mar 30, 2010 at 10:27 PM -0400, Vince Passaro wrote:
> If you have trays and chemicals and turn the lights off in the bathroom,
> ain't that a darkroom? In any case, I don't have that and won't have time
> learn how to have it anytime this year so -- off we go to CVS.

I developed my film for a time in the bathroom with the lights on.  Loaded
the reels in a $10 changing bag.  I now do it in the bathroom with the
lights off as I find it easier than the changing bag.  Everything but that 1
minute in the dark is done in the light.

I much prefer the look of Tri-X to BW400CN or XP2 Super.  I find it scans
super easy too as long as your negatives are clean.

> Or Dwayne's. That was the name of the lab in Kansas I was trying to
> remember.

For Kodachrome.  If you want affordable and decent quality, and don't mind
mailing, try www.photoworkssf.com or www.northcoastphoto.com.  I've used the
first several times and you can get out the door for about $10/roll with low
res scans.  Free mailers too.  I'm now waiting on some film from the second.
Same price, but higher res scans (2000x3000).  If you use the 2nd, skip the
enhanced scans - I've been told the budget ones are where it's at.

Replies: Reply from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] three questions: C41 b/w film and forget the other two but how about Dwayne's??)