Subject: [Leica] HCB Wannabes
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 00:47:52 -0000

"Doug Herr" <wildlightphoto at earthlink.net> wrote
> I believe part of the problem is that we have much better access to
> information than in years past.  Child abduction and pedophilia are not
> new; what's new is that with near-instant access to events in many parts
> of the world we can now hear of many more incidents than in the past.  The
> number or rate of these crimes may or may not have changed, but access to
> information about them certainly has changed.

I agree. With the burst of publicity that now attends the revelation of such
crimes, it's even likely that they've reduced in areas where press freedom
rules. For instance, it's extremely likely those in dog collars are probably
keeping their hands in their pockets a bit more than they used to.

More of this type of discussion is available on the "LUG forum: for
off-topic arguments" and arguments rage a-plenty there!

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry
Bray, Co. Wicklow