Subject: [Leica] Captions
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 23:13:40 -0000

"Robert D. Baron" <rbaron at concentric.net> wrote

> Errr, what is the point of that last sentence / statement in the
> context of this discussion?

>> I like captions, but doctors differ and patients die :-)

Amazingly to little me anchored on my rock on the eastern perimeter of the
Atlantic pond, it looks like many of you have never heard that phrase
before. Probably reflects the better US healthcare.. :-)

As Steve U said "Different people have different opinions. Sometimes there
are consequences."
That said some of the consequences are infinitesimal, but to me I prefer to
have a caption on an image especially if I'm entering it in an amateur photo
competition.

While I agree with Dr Ted in that the image has to be strong before the
caption adds to it, I think that NO image is judged on its caption first,
but, rather, it is composition and tonality that hit the eyes first.
However, a good caption enhances that important secondary evaluation,
whereas a dull one may possibly even detract from the image. While looking
good might attract a beautiful woman, you got to have the words to ensnare
her heart.

Douglas
_________
Douglas Barry