Subject: [Leica] IMG: Sunday portrait
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 18:56:55 -0800

Barney Quinn showed :
> Here is a picture of my Grandson david taken on the occasion of his
> 12th birthday, which was on december 26th.
> > http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Barney/David_12.jpg.html

Hi Barney,
What counts here once again, as I've said during the past few days.... "this
is an excellent family picture!"  But the greatness of it wont be
appreciated for another 30 years or so when this young lad can say to his
children, "Your great grandpa took this picture of me when I was 12 years
old!" :-) Now that's cool when you think about it! :-)

And that's hard to put into a perspective while we're still vertical and
breathing!  But that's part of the magic in still photography within
families! Unfortunately many families don't appreciate this as much as we
photographers do. Well the "old farts" anyway! :-)

Still a very nice tight full frame photograph. good on you! :-)
cheers,
ted