Subject: [Leica] Water resistant Leica
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 21:00:56 -0500

At 08:50 PM 12/21/2009, you wrote:
>I don't class Nathan as a high risk
>combat photographer but if his Leica dies because of a drop of sweat imagine
>the perils of using  a similar camera in Indonesia, Somalia, Iran or
>Columbia.
>
>Let's see now - magenta cast, banding, cracked IR filters, bad battery
>chargers, corner fall off, high ISO noise, no environmental sealing - have I
>forgotten anything? I love my film M3s (except in a marine environment) but
>I think the digital Ms need a lot of work.
>
>Larry Z

My M8's have been under water with me in Honduras, dropped on marble
floors in India, throughly rained on in Peru, and fallen on in the
John Muir Wilderness.  My M9 has only been to New York,
Massachusetts, and South Carolina so far, but it has been drenched in
the rain several times.  It has no magenta cast, banding, cracked IR
filter, bad battery, corner fall off.  I don't need high ISOs because
I have fast Leica lenses.  My M9 is the camera I've been waiting for
since I switched to digital.  I guess I'm just very lucky.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from bryanwi at bryanwi.com (Bryan Willman) ([Leica] Water resistant Leica)