Subject: [Leica] IMG: Snow on my beard
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:26:10 -0800

Lawrence Zeitlin offered:

> This photo was taken by my wife yesterday morning as I was attempting to
> clear more than a foot of snow from our excessively long, downward sloping
> driveway.
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Snow+on+my+beard.jpg.html
> For the benefit of the LUGs non-US members, and some of those living on
> the
> balmy West Coast, the snow that paralyzed the country covered less than
> 10%
> of the land area. The storm just happened to hug the east coastline
> dumping,
> in some cases, 2 feet (60 cm.) of white stuff along the heavily populated
> area from North Carolina to Maine and part of Nova Scotia. Most of the big
> cities, Washington,DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and New York were hard
> hit.
> And it wasn't even winter. I can't wait to see what happens in Jan. or
> Feb.

Hi Larry,
That is one scary picture when it comes to winter! :-) You look like Santa
Clause lost on a trail and asking, "Who Me?"

However a keeper photo come June-July or August as you're sipping on a cold
one! :-)

Having seen some of the TV news coverage on how much snow you folks on the
Eastern seaboard got, It confirms my choice of moving to location was quite
correct.... Victoria BC Canada... The wet coast! :-) At least we don't have
to shovel it. The bad side is, if and when we do get a snow fall the city is
shut down for a few days as they don't have any snow removal equipment.
Generally it melts as soon as it hits the ground because the ground rarely
has enough frost to make it freeze.

Keeper photo though! :-)
cheers,
ted