Subject: [Leica] Levels of critique
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:34:43 -0600

As I said in an earlier post on this subject
I value the first impression as much as the next person.

Nor am I lobbying for in-depth critiques.
We each offer what we can, as we can.

I certainly could not afford the time to consider every image post
in the manner that I considered Doug's wildlife photography.
Those thoughts evolved over years of looking at Doug's work;
and reading what he's had to say about his own and other's work.
And that only because Doug invited it.

Which is the main point I think worth making.
If you want more in the way of useful criticism
inform us as to your intentions, methods, techniques, concerns
(as Doug has clearly done over time);
and invite deeper critiques with some specificity.

I'm simply thinking about all this because someone asked for more
"harsh."
;~)

Regards,
George Lottermoser