Subject: [Leica] More Nikkor 300 pix - Hong Kong Tourism
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 16:34:53 -0800

> Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 17:51:26 +0100
> From: lucien_vd at mac.com
> Subject: Re: [Leica] More Nikkor 300 pix
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> H&ECummer wrote :
>
>> I would add that it is my opinion that Hong Kong tourism misses a
>> big bet by not emphasizing the unique colonial period.
>

> Dear Howard,
>
> Lets hope that they will not try to modernize the Star Ferry...
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Lucien

Hi Lucien,
Delighted that you like Hong Kong. Either you love it or hate it -
there's no in between.
IMHO they have already ruined the Star Ferry with the last harbour
reclamation in Central by moving the ferry terminal from easy walking
access next to the Post Office to the edge of the reclamation. I
marched and petitioned against it but nobody listened!  And the funny
thing is that with global warming and higher sea levels the new
reclamation will be in jeopardy anyway. But nobody talks about that!
And they are going to run a highway through it!! Bah Humbug.
Howard