Subject: [Leica] R 250 Telyt for my Nikon D700?
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 19:31:24 -0800

Hi Luggers,
My Leica camera equipment for travel is beginning to divide into the
M8 plus wide angle lenses (down to the 18mm Elmar) and at the
telephoto end I am increasing my R inventory. I have the Canadian 90
Summicron and the 180 Apo Telyt f3.4 (both famous Mandler designs)
already re-bayoneted for use on my D700. I have just acquired from Dr.
Yao a complete and pristine 400 f6.8 Telyt (as recommended by Doug
Herr - thank you Doug) and am in the process of getting the bayonet
changed on that lens. This has been complicated by the fact (which I
have transmitted to David Lladro at Leitax) that later 400 Telyts have
different cams that the single cam for which the Leitax bayonet has
been designed. Still I am getting it done.

My question is this. I have the opportunity to pick up a 250 f4.o
Telyt to augment the telephoto set above and I am wondering if I
should. I am getting all this telephoto fire power to take wild life
pictures in  Bali and Australia.
What do you all think? TIA
Howard (in Hong Kong)

Replies: Reply from afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com) ([Leica] R 250 Telyt for my Nikon D700?)