Subject: [Leica] Scanning problems?help needed!
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 08:59:23 -0500

Thanks, Steve.

You were not the only one to recommend Vuescan. I'm going to try it.
Interesting that it should be able to get around the Digital ICE problem
with Kodachrome, which apparently stems from the fact that this emulsion
retains its silver grains, which are mistaken for dust by the IR scan, when
the developer of the process could or did not.

I did eventually find the place, buried deep, in the Epson lit where it is
mentioned that Digital ICE is suitable for chromogenic emulsions only and
specifically not for KC. IMHO, it should be mentioned much more prominently.

?howard