Subject: [Leica] Epson 3800 and Large Thick Paper Help
From: gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 18:24:29 -0700

I've spent the last 2.5 hours trying to print Hahnemuhle Museum Etching (350
GSM) paper with my Epson 3800 photo printer. Size is 13X19 inch.

I'm having severe feeding problems where the paper does not want to feed
from any of the three sources: Front, Sheet and Manual Rear. I've been to
the Epson web site, reread the epson paper feed instructions more then once
and have only in this time been able to get two sheets to load straight and
just one of these to print (only from the sheet feeder btw).

Is there something I'm missing here or do these printers not like 13X19"
thick papers when they print the same paper in 8.5X11" without issues? Yes,
I have set the Platen Gap to the wider setting.

At this rate I'm going to be in the nut house by morning.

I've had no issues with epson 13X19 Archival Matte paper but the Museum
Etching gives me much better looking prints.

Greg Lorenzo

Calgary, Canada

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?h=myidea?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_myidea:112009

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Epson 3800 and Large Thick Paper Help)