Subject: [Leica] First Camera
From: ejcaliguri at comcast.net (Edward Caliguri)
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:58:37 -0500

Wow - this brings back a flood of memories. Everyone should sit back
and think about their 'first' whatever :) once in a while!
I had a fixed focus TLR of 'forgotten origin' from 10 yrs old to 14. A
friend of my dad let me use his Miranda SLR for a while (no meter, and
I had to keeps screwdriver with me for tightening the lens mount on
the body!). I duct taped a magnifying glass to the front of the 50mm
lens to do nature close ups! - but that led to a great Christmas gift
- a black Nikkormat FTn with 55 Micro Nikkor.
That camera led to more things than I can now imagine. I experimented
freely - trying new things that I wouldn't today. I didn't care about
'sharpness and perfection' as much as getting the picture!

Ed

Edward J Caliguri
Sent via Apple iPhone

Replies: Reply from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] First Camera)