Subject: [Leica] Do you still have your first camera? Because I have an idea.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 19:29:53 -0500

> "Mark Rabiner" <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote
> <<<<<<<<
> I still have my Voigtl?nder Vito BL, Color-Skopar 1:2,8/50, Prontor SVS
> shutter
> http://www.pbase.com/cendres/image/87098035
> http://www.enter-net.de/auktion/photo/vitobl.htm#Near
> I got it in 1965 when I was 14
>
> My grandfather gave it to my dad and he gave it to me when he got his
> Contarex bulls eye.
> I used it for 7 years till I got my Nikon F2.
> I shot this with it
> http://rabinergroup.com/ImagePages/Motherchildindoorpage.html
> Lead poisoning victims.
> I was going door to door with a Social Worker on the south side of Chicago
> in 1968.
>>>>>>>>>>>

> Nice image from a nice camera. I've a few Voigtlanders too, but not a Vito.
> I've a Contessa, a four Perkeos, a Bessa 66 and three Bessa 6x9s. The only
> problem is I don't use them much at the moment. Have to change that......
>
> Douglas

The view finder on my Vito could pretty much be ignored I used the aim and
pray technique like of like Star Wars when they turned off their lasers at
the end and went in with help from the Force
I had a Leica rangefinder on my hot shoe for awhile my 8th grade teacher
gave me. Till it fell off.
By then I knew where 3 feet was. And 7. I think I also knew 10 feet.

Mark William Rabiner