Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hello from Pakistan
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 06:28:52 -0500

> My driver collided wtih a camel that way near jebel Ali.
> Down there they call it faith.You go when it's your time.
> And you arrive inshallah.
> best,simon
> p.s. will let you know when my next Afghan trip starts for  the lagavullin
> desert project.

The police everywhere drive like maniacs both off and on duty; they are part
of the culture which thinks driving like an idiot is par for the course.
Because of that they look the other way on way to many things.
Look at most TV shows and a good many movies and driving irresponsibly is
part of what cool people do. People do think they're invincible in their
little cars dispute their dead friends who have all died in auto accidents.
I don't find driving fun. I like to get where I'm going alive. That's fun.
Being alive is fun.  Being dead would get old fast. Getting messed up bad
might be worse. Disfigurement; not my cup of tea. They'll crack down on
crazy driving when they're in the mood some politicos kid will get clobbered
head one from somebody texting or cell phoning or GPS ing when they should
be looking out their front windshield.
I had a good drivers end teacher. Put the fear of god into me.

Mark William Rabiner